Posted by BENGCOELOEN / Labels: Acne Treatments
Overcoming Chest Acne - Chest acne is a very common problem among people caused mostly by the same reasons which cause facial acne. The over production of an oil called sebum by the sebaceous glands lead to chest acne. This can be due to several reasons like hormonal imbalances, skin not being washed frequently during summer, bad clothing or excessive use of lotions, deodorants etc.
Chest acne most of the time appears like facial acne with forms of pimples, blackheads, whiteheads or cysts which sometimes can be very annoying and painful.
In order to overcome chest acne there are some things you need to do:
• First of all you have to wash the affected area every time you are in the shower. You have to use a mild soap which must be oil-free. You must be gentle with your skin. Avoid over washing or scrubbing because they may increase irritation and inflammation of your skin.
• Apart from that you need to use an appropriate medication. You could ask your doctor about a cream but keep in mind the best products on the market are those which contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. You better apply the cream twice a day.
• Also in order to deal with chest acne you must be careful with your clothing. You need to wear breathable fabrics like cotton and avoid tight-fitting clothing which may cause more acne break outs.
• Try not to use creams or lotions on your chest because they lead to more clogged pores and chest acne.
• Changing your diet is a must. Inappropriate diet can aggravate your acne problem. You need to remove from your diet all the known acne-aggravators like soda, refined sugar (cookies, ice creams etc), caffeine and soft drinks. In addition you need to eat more fruits and vegetables and drink a lot of water (8 glasses). Also you should increase your consumption of vitamins like A,B,E and Zinc which are known acne-fighters.
• Finally but not least you must avoid touching your chest acne because you may transfer bacteria to it. Also try to sleep at least 8 hours every day.
Reviewing, in order to fight chest acne there are several things you can do. You could apply the above treatment and get rid of it in a few weeks. If you can't follow that treatment you could use some of the natural home remedies for acne. Sometimes in order to see the first results you may have to wait for 6 weeks. The key in order to have better results is not to give up your treatment.
Source : http://www.articlesbase.com/